Two huge nonprofit events took place over the past week: the Social Good Summit and the Annual Meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative. Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Council on Foundations: Treasury and IRS Rule Changes Reduce Barriers to Global Grantmaking http://ow.ly/dYGXI
- Law For Change: IRS Releases Proposed Regulations for Private Foundations via Adler & Colvin [Stephanie Petit] http://law4.ch/NTC8Kw
- Gene: Our cautionary advice. MT @BenchmarkEmail How to Start a Non-Profit by Gene & Emily
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: New tool: Explore Nonprofit Salary Ranges by Position, Gender, & Org Size http://ow.ly/e0mlm
- Emily: Payroll Pitfalls: How Nonprofit Employers Can Avoid Big Problems by Venable LLP
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: Hot off the presses! Our essential guide to advocacy by c3s, c4s, and more: Get it for free today.
- Nonprofit Quarterly: … Who "Owns" Your Nonprofit? http://ow.ly/dZLqh -- A classic.
- Alice Korngold: Crimes & Misdemeanors [of Nonprofit Boards] hilarious/true! From Kevin Monroe http://ow.ly/dRPoV
- Debra Beck: 10 ways to assess nonprofit board assessment: what would you add?
- Time: The case for optimism, by Bill Clinton #CGI2012
- Clinton Global Initiative: Missed any of the action from #CGI2012? Watch on-demand videos from all of the sessions: http://cgilink.org/RW0RjK
- Caroline Preston: My roundup of last 2 days of #CGI2012. Obama spotlights trafficking, Romney emphasizes role of biz in development, ...
- Mashable: 10 Inspiring Quotes From Mashable's Social Good Summit
- Mashable: Social Good Summit Day 1: Highlights and Pics
- Mashable: Social Good Summit, Day 2: Watch the Global Conversations Live
- Ian Wilhelm: Could this op-ed also be aimed at higher ed? 'Charities Should Resist Drinking the 'Kool-Aid’ of Business Superiority'
- Gene: Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi delivers freedom message
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter. And catch Emily on Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio this morning at 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time speaking on the important private benefit rules every charity should know about.