Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had an incredible week starting with a family business anniversary held at the Vancouver Art Gallery and recognition for the Nonprofit Law Blog as the 26th most influential law blog. Thankful for so much, including the privilege of working with some great nonprofits and an amazing associate attorney.
Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Gene: Tax-exempt status for profitable firms - SF Gate | there's more to this issue ...
- Law For Change: The Fiscal Cliff: What It Means to Nonprofits via National Council of Nonprofits
- Lawrence Lessig: "Don’t blame Citizens United": Trevor Potter (aka Colbert's superpac lawyer) with smart FEC recs
- Gene: Summary of Issues for Affiliated (Nonprofit Tax-Exempt) Organizations
- Nonprofit Finance Fund: “Trying to change the conversation” on nonprofit mergers and collaborations at The Chronicle of Philanthropy http://bit.ly/Spmjsv
- Nonprofit Law News: Office Leasing for Nonprofits: Mastering the Key Issues | by Venable LLP
- Foundation Center Atlanta: The Power of a Single Board Member - Great insights from Nell Edgington!
- Lucy Marcus: It's time to think differently about boards & boardrooms: We are all board members http://linkd.in/Q91tRN
- Lucy Bernolz: Your philanthropy buzzwords [Ed. My suggestion: "poverty"]
- Jan Masaoka: Read this and be surprised: The Poorest State In America Revealed [Ed. I was surprised - California]
- Jed Emerson: "The Dumbest Idea In The World: Maximizing Shareholder Value" - Forbes