On Monday, March 4, from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm, Emily and I will be speaking at The Foundation Center - San Francisco on Legal Issues Facing Nonprofit Start-Up Organizations. Register here.
- Key considerations before deciding to start a new nonprofit
- Fiscal sponsorship and other alternatives to a startup
- The critical role of the board and getting the right people on the board
- Managing risk and exposure to liability
- Initial compensation issues from a corporate/tax/charitable trust law perspective
The Foundation Center - San Francisco
312 Sutter St., Suite 606
San Francisco, CA
If you're unable to join us, you can find some of the material we'll cover in this Step by Step Guide for Starting a California Nonprofit we wrote for the California Association of Nonprofits.
Updated Mar 4, 2013: Download Legal Issues Facing Nonprofit Start-Up Organizations (2013) - slide deck.