Emily and I will be kicking off our regular contributions on Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio today, starting around 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time (1:30 p.m. Eastern Time), but don't miss Tony's earlier conversation with former Craigslist Foundation executive director Darian Rodriguez Heyman.
Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- emilychan: My response to this wk's Q [on About.com] How Much Unrelated Earned Income Can a Nonprofit Receive? bit.ly/rmLBOc
- IndSector: Charities Can’t Afford to Sit Out Tax & Budget Debates- Oped by @IndSector CEO @diaviv in @Philanthropy http://ow.ly/5MVxm
- Philanthropy: Most of America’s 50 richest funds compensate their board members: bit.ly/oRFsON. See how much: bit.ly/qna6gA.
- GTak: California property tax exemption for nonprofits (welfare exemption) – "community benefit test" resources BOE – http://1.usa.gov/n2yZLW
- lanewealthgroup: "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." — Peter Drucker
- npmaven: New post: Chairing the #nonprofit board: Am I the one? http://twurl.nl/m2vnn4
- GTak: What the world would look like if it were a village of 100 – bit.ly/n8C9rj via @IonPoverty
- BlendedValue: When Social Businesses go bad… http://linkd.in/pTmXeA
- GTak: The use of LLCs in fiscal sponsorship – a new model – bit.ly/qUVu65 by S. Chiodini & @GregLColvin