It's been all about social media this week for NEO. We're very excited about our new relationship with Social Media for Nonprofits, the world’s only conference series dedicated to social media for social good that has earned a 92% approval rating from over 2,500 nonprofit leaders across the country. We published a popular post and developed a presentation on social media policies. And we just started to promote our "Nonprofit Law" Facebook page and boards on Pinterest. Please also follow me on Twitter (GTak), friend me on Facebook (nonprofitlawyer), or connect with me on LinkedIn (nonprofitattorney).
Too much social media? Familiar faces going nowhere? Kind of funny, kind of sad? Have a listen to this recently-gone-viral version of Mad World while perusing this week's tweets:
- Cheryl McCormick: Tony Martignetti tops Ascend Nonprofit's list of "Top 5 Nonprofit Podcasts: Professional Development For Your Ears". [Ed. I'm very fortunate to be a regular contributor to Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio!]
- Dan Pallotta: My TED talk is Live! "The Way We Think About Charity is Dead Wrong."
- Philanthropy: Live updates of nonprofit news from South by Southwest Interactive all weekend: http://bit.ly/10ig9jk
- La Piana Consulting: Where good ideas go to die (and how to rescue them!) http://ow.ly/iSc7n
- Rosetta Thurman: From the archives: 42 Important Findings About Nonprofit Executive Directors [Ed. Summarizing CompassPoint's Daring to Lead 2011 Study.]
- Debra Beck: …nonprofit board recruitment challenges, strategies http://bit.ly/Y7r1RT
- Nonprofit Law News: Preparing an Online Social Media Policy: The Top Ten Legal Considerations | by Venable LLP
- Gene: Great Article from @GoodCounselBook: Lawyers As Nonprofit Directors – Maximizing Opportunities, Mitigating Risks
- Gene: 5 women to follow on International Women's Day @p2173 @lucymarcus @npmaven @alicekorngold @JeanneBellCP
- Rusty Stahl: Tweeps: I recommend following @GTak. He offers excellent legal advice on fiscal sponsorship +/or launching new orgs! [Ed. Thanks!]