Notable Events of the Week:
- FBI Director James Comey testified before the House Intelligence Committee, asserting that the FBI was investigating the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia and repudiating President Trump’s unsubstantiated and seemingly unhinged allegation that the Obama administration had wiretapped his New York offices.
- The Associated Press reported that President Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, “secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics.”
- House Republicans delayed a vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act because of a lack of agreement among Republicans on the proposed replacement bill (American Health Care Act or Trumpcare).
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- CalNonprofits: CA nonprofits targeted by proposed federal budget: read @CalNonprofits statement & take action here http://bit.ly/NonprofitBudgetAlert
- Associations Now: White House’s Draft Budget Plan Raises Alarm in Nonprofit World http://bit.ly/2niFApJ
- Council of Nonprofits: .@thehill op-ed from @NatlCouncilNPs and @COF_ Keep partisan politics out of the #nonprofit sector http://bit.ly/2ncZZeS #JohnsonAmendment
- Nonprofit Law News: Liability for Directors of Nonprofit Corporations https://goo.gl/DnSmde | by @WCSRtweet [Ed. While written mostly from the perspective of South Carolina law, this article raises many issues common to the laws of all states.]
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Metropolitan Museum of Art learns important lesson: The world is watching your nonprofit’s 990 form! NPQ
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Nonprofit Leadership Transitions and Organizational Sustainability: An Updated Approach NPQ [Ed. Highly recommended video-webinar led by CompassPoint’s Jeanne Bell and consultant Tom Adams.]
- Gene: Revisiting Executive Transition: Who Leads and How?
- Gene: Important read: 5 Insights from Directors Sharing Power
- Fast Company: Announcing the winners of the first-ever World Changing Ideas Awards http://buff.ly/2nfEA5p #WCIAwards
- Gene: Nonprofit LLCs http://www.americanbar.org/publications/blt/2017/03/02_brewer.html
Themed Media Selection:
The Americans – “The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. during the Reagan administration” and one of the best shows on television today.