Catch up with the week’s notable events and shared resources with Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- 7 current and former U.S. officials claimed that a ” Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system” according to Newsweek.
- Fox News forced out its top-rated host Bill O’Reilly “after the disclosure of a series of sexual harassment allegations against him and an internal investigation that turned up even more” according to The New York Times.
- Time Magazine released its 2017 list of the 100 Most Influential People.
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- CalNonprofits: How vulnerable are nonprofits under Trump’s skinny budget?: http://urbn.is/2oJX1AI via @urbaninstitute
- The Hill: Trump considering putting cap on tax deductions for charitable contributions: http://hill.cm/1sUzSde
- Michael Foerster: “Just Winging It”: Are Faux DIY Nonprofits a New Thing? NPQ
- NCRP: Our #1 blog post last week: 10 do’s and don’ts for #philanthropy from our #AstheSouthGrows report http://bit.ly/2oaCj8e
- Marc Gunther: The Trump effect, at The Whitman Institute (and elsewhere) | my new blogpost @TWI_2022 #philanthropy #spendit
- Inside Philanthropy: What’s happening on the forefront of Asian-American philanthropy? http://bit.ly/2pJHIo4 @aapip
- Bloomberg: Universities seek to defend endowments from Republican tax plan https://bloom.bg/2opwZOu
- Independent Sector: Impact investments, once a niche market, are now a growing component of established investor portfolios. Forbes
- Gene: Nonprofit Limited Liability Company – revised to include reference to brand new Ellen Aprill (Loyola Law) article
- Fast Company: Why @kickstarter decided to radically transform its business model http://buff.ly/2pj9Hvh
Themed Media Selection:
I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra