On this Thanksgiving, I have much to be thankful for, including on a professional level, these 10 opportunities:
- To work with and be around truly amazing co-workers who inspire me and fill my life with positivity (thank you Erin and Michele!).
- To serve and work with charities, foundations, and their leaders in making this a better world for more people.
- To continually learn from our clients, our colleagues, and experts in diverse areas.
- To share our knowledge through the Nonprofit Law Blog, The Nonprofit Quarterly, Nonprofit Radio, and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- To present information to strengthen nonprofits at conferences and through webinars for organizations including BoardSource, Independent Sector, CalNonprofits, and the American Law Institute.
- To bring together national, state, and local organizations to advocate on public policy issues.
- To collaborate and present with highly respected colleagues from other firms and organizations.
- To operate with a double-bottom line where impact is our priority.
- To receive, for our work, kind and generous words of appreciation from clients, colleagues, friends, nonprofit leaders, the media, and the general public.
- To work from our great new office at WeWork – Transbay.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
~John F. Kennedy